Because sometimes I don’t see the forest for the trees…
Over the past few weeks, I’ve received some great reviews for my novel, TRIANGLE: FALSE MIRROR. But even though they’ve mostly been four or five star reviews, there’s been one element in them that’s been particularly annoying to me.
A number of reviewers have specifically mentioned grammatical and formatting errors, such as misspelled words, double spaces, hard returns, etc. These have been found in both the Kindle e-book and trade paperback versions of the novel.
Since I decided to self publish, my desire was to produce as professional a product as possible. These sorts of errors undermine that effort, and something must be done. And I paid for proof-reading, editing and formatting to create these products, as I’ve found that doing them when I do it myself, I often miss the errors.
I have decided to try something different. I am going to crowdsource the the corrections to my novel. There are over 7,200 free copies of my novel in circulation out there. Hopefully everyone reading this has one. Here’s your chance to earn a reward.
Your mission is simple: Go through the novel, chapter by chapter and find the errors. Compile a list of them and submit them to me. The first person to find each particular error that I verify to be accurate will then receive a credit of $1 for each error toward an Amazon Gift Card, to be sent on Feb 1.Find a bunch of errors, get a bunch of dollars.
– The errors must be e-mailed to my inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Include the chapter and the relevant passage. If from the paperback, also include the page number.
– The first person to submit each mistake in either the e-book or the print version.
– ONLY THE FIRST PERSON WILL BE REWARDED, BASED ON RECEIPT ORDER IN MY INBOX.
– You must include a name and e-mail address so I can send you your reward.
I want to thank all of you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to your e-mails.
D. G. Speirs