Hello, world. Miss me?
I’ll bet you’re feeling neglected by me. Perhaps dealing with a bit of abandonment issues. And I can’t blame you. In today’s social media culture, eight months is figuratively an eternity.
So, what’s the news with you?
Me, you ask? Well, despite my failure to communicate, I have been busy. How so?
- Visited California for the D23Expo, and to meet up with some favorite people: Alan Bodner and Mark Palmer.
- Did I mention I was interviewed for an “OhMyDisney” spot during the expo? Dressing up as The Prospector from Toy Story 2 has its advantages.
- My girlfriend, Pamela, made an honest man of me in October. Beach wedding at sunset on Treasure Island – tailor-made for romance, and I couldn’t be happier.
- Concluded the run of “The Tao of Maud” on social media.
- In a move some might not understand, I erased all five years of the project at its conclusion – deleted the Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr pages; let the website expire as well. It was never going to be a permanent project, and although I’m happy I did it, the amount of severe attacks from certain elements definitely sucked the joy out of the whole thing.
- Had a role in a short film entitled Table Talk, which should premier sometime this spring. I play a seventy-something Jewish retiree.
- Slightly depressing is the fact they didn’t need to do any makeup to make me look like a seventy-something Jewish retiree.
- Finished THE AGENCY, the project I collaborated with Think Alike Productions to create a novel from their indie comic book.
It’s been a full few months, and I’ve deliberately maintained a low profile during this time. But like Puxatawny Phil, I poked my head out of the burrow and saw my own shadow. Which either means six more weeks of climate-change winter (read that as 80 degree days in central Florida), or time for me to start writing the blog once more.
I’ll figure it to be the latter. So thanks for sticking around, and welcome back.